I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Mara Eastern, whose delightful blog is chock-full of her witty perspective on life and which I urge you to check out. I appreciate the nomination and thank you for it. I humbly accept the award especially since doing so enables me to nominate other bloggers and encourage my readers to also visit their blogs.
The instructions for accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Link to the blogger who nominated you and say thanks
- Nominate fifteen more versatile bloggers for the award
- Link to the nominees and tell them about the nomination
- Include the award logo on your blog post
- List seven bits of random information about yourself
So here are my seven random titbits of information about myself, in no particular order”
- I have a phobia of clowns that predates the novel and miniseries ‘It’. My phobia was sparked by a childhood visit to a travelling circus in Aberdeen, in North East Scotland, that was so wretched I have never been able to return to a circus and feel deeply and genuinely unsettled by clowns, especially real life, three-dimensional ones. I have a related phobia, though not as strong, of mime artists and those people who pose as statues.
- I have difficulty seeing dots for some reason I have never had anyone look into. It’s a major factor in why I failed to learn to read music and why I am slower to read dice during a board game than my preschooler. Small polkadots appear to me to be constantly moving. It exhausts my eyes.
- I absolutely despise beetroot. I loathe it so entirely, I would gladly see it become extinct.
- Despite the beetroot thing, my favourite colour is purple. I don’t hold beetroot against the colour, although I am also – coincidentally – not a massive fan of aubergines (eggplants).
- My favourite vegetable is parsnip and my favourite fruit is raspberries.
- I like to be barefoot as much as possible. The first thing I do when I get home is take off my socks and shoes. It feels like a blessed relief to have nude feet again.
- There was a time when I read a book a day but now I am lucky if I can make it through a proper book in under a month. I often fall asleep with a book or my kindle plonked on my face.
My fifteen nominees are – again in no particular order – the following blogs which I encourage you to visit and check out for yourself:
- Camilla Olsson Art is a blog in which the artist shares her approach to creativity, her honing of her technique and refining of her style.
- Jean Stevens Studio Diary is a blog by a block printing artist whose creations are wonderful
- Sarah Goodreau whose illustrations and works of art are a delight
- Caitlin Clarkson an illustrator, artist and designer
- New England Selkie is by a blogger who lives in Maine but who loves Scotland
- Feet from the Shore which is a blog by another immigrant to America – this time from Spain – which is also filled with her splendid photographs
- Imagery of Light for a daily dose of photography, often botanic and macro, by Sheila Creighton
- Platypus Radio showcases delightful and often quirky illustrations by artist Jen Muir.
- Cooking with a Wallflower a blog full of delicious yet simple recipes
- Dancing Beastie which records life in a Scottish castle and provides me with a welcome dose of Scotland when I am so far away from home
- The Hungry Mum which is full of delicious recipes
- Adrift in the Distance which is a lovely journal of travel and exploration
- Debbie Osborn Art Studio is a blog showcasing the art and craft work of Debbie Osborn.
- Dylanbug Designs is another art blog I enjoy.
- Tangled Pen is a another diverting blog about creating and crafting.
It is entirely possible and probable, of course, that my nominees have already been recognized for the Versatile Blogger Award but I nominate them anyway since it may lead some of my readers to their blogs.
Thank you once more, dear readers, for spending time perusing my blog. Actually having people read my jottings is the best award there is. Thanks.